Haloperidol, cyclizine and levomepromazine UK supply updates
26th January 2016
Haloperidol 5mg/mL injection
We reported in October 2015 (News item 6 October 2015) that there were supply difficulties with haloperidol injection 5mg/mL. We understand that this is now out of stock. Amdipharm Mercury have reported that there is an issue with the raw ingredient, and they do not expect this to be resolved until the end of 2016. There is no other UK authorized product available. We understand that alternative haloperidol injection formulations from other Countries, unauthorized in the UK, are available for importation via special order.
Cyclizine 50mg/mL injection
We reported in December 2015 (News item 9 December 2015) that there were supply difficulties with cyclizine injection 50mg/mL). We understand that although there is no known manufacturing issue, the supply and demand situation is currently unstable.
Levomepromazine 25mg/mL injection
They are some local reports of supply difficulties, however, Sanofi have confirmed that their product (Nozinan) is in stock and available to order and they are unaware of any wholesaler restrictions.
- Haloperidol, cyclizine and levomepromazine UK supply updates
- NICE palliative care guidelines
- CME T34 Field Safety Notices
- Die 2. Auflage von Arzneimittel in der Palliativmedizin ist erschienen!
- Cochrane review: Cannabinoids for nausea and vomiting in adults with cancer receiving chemotherapy
- Opioids Aware: a good practice resource to support opioid prescribing
- Losec injection and infusion discontinued
- NHS England pain management formulary for prisons
- Care of the dying: NICE guidelines published
- Naloxegol approved by SMC