Care of the dying: NICE guideline consultation
30th July 2015
NICE have published a draft guideline for consultation for the care of the dying adult (closing 9 September 2015). The guideline includes anticipatory prescribing, assisted hydration and the pharmacological management of pain, breathlessness, nausea and vomiting, anxiety, delirium, and noisy respiratory secretions. In addition, there is an appendix with tables of suggested drugs, doses and routes of delivery for use by non-specialists.
Editor’s note: We encourage UK members to respond to this consultation. In addition, we would like to request that if you feel it is appropriate, suggesting the on-line Palliative Care Formulary be listed as suitable ‘relevant professional guidance’, would help in our endeavours to secure a national subscription and provide, free-access for health professionals in England and Wales.
- Care of the dying: NICE guideline consultation
- Legislation changes for the availability of parenteral naloxone
- MHRA further measures to minimise risk of ONJ with denosumab and IV bisphosphonates
- Cochrane review: Antidepressants for the treatment of depression in people with cancer
- Ketamine 50mg/mL injection back in stock
- Phenobarbital 200mg/mL injection shortage
- Co-danthramer and strong co-danthramer capsules discontinued
- Ketamine supply update
- Cochrane review: Palliative interventions for controlling vaginal bleeding in advanced cervical cancer
- Temazepam prescriptions now need to meet requirements for Schedule 3 CDs