FDA approves 2mg naloxone nasal spray
29th December 2016
A 2mg naloxone nasal spray (Narcan; Adapt Pharma) has been approved in the USA. It is approved for use in opioid-dependent patients, expected to be at risk for severe opioid withdrawal, in situations where there is a low risk for accidental or intentional opioid exposure by household contacts.
A 4mg naloxone nasal spray (Narcan; Adapt Pharma) has been available since February 2016 (see our news item 26-11-2016).
The US Product Information for both the 2mg and 4mg naloxone nasal spray can be downloaded from here.
- FDA approves 2mg naloxone nasal spray
- Gabapentin oral solution and enteral feeding tubes
- Cochrane review: fentanyl for neuropathic pain
- Cochrane review: hydromorphone for cancer pain
- Cochrane review: benzodiazepines for the relief of breathlessness in advanced malignant and non-malignant diseases
- End of life care for infants, children and young people with life-limiting conditions: planning and management
- Calling all members - please complete our satisfaction survey!
- pH testing for nasogastric tube positioning is cost effective
- Hydromorphone injection now authorized in the UK
- Patient Safety Alert: Risk of death and severe harm from error with injectable phenytoin