Domperidone restricted to a POM
9th September 2014
As of the 4th September 2014, domperidone is available only as a Prescription Only Medicine (POM) in the UK. All unexpired stock of products previously designated as Pharmacy medicines (P) have been recalled by the MHRA. This follows the Europe-wide review of the safety and efficacy of domperidone (see our news item 30th April 2014) which has resulted in the conclusion by the UK Commission on Human Medicines (CHM) that products containing domperidone no longer meet the requirements for supply with legal status ‘P’.
- Domperidone restricted to a POM
- Liverpool Care pathway replaced by five Priorities for Care
- CQC annual report: safer management of controlled drugs
- Sativex approved in Wales to treat MS symptoms on NHS
- Ketamine rescheduling consultation
- Levobupivacaine 250mg/200mL epidural infusion bags supply problem
- Dexamfetamine sulfate oral solution now authorized
- Cochrane review: Levetiracetam for neuropathic pain in adults
- Cochrane review: Topical lidocaine for neuropathic pain in adults
- PCF4+ 2013 e-book now half price!