Recall of McKinley T34 extension sets
28th April 2011
The MHRA have issued a recall of all T34 syringe pump extension sets manufactured by CME (McKinley Medical UK). before 1 January 2011. This is due to the potential for leakage at the female luer syringe connector.
The product codes affected are: 100-172S, 100-170S, 100-172SLL, 100-172SB, 100-172SC.
Returns and replacement stock can be obtained by contacting Paul Fletcher (McKinley Medical UK, 01253 894646, email: email@example.com). The manufacturer states that other syringe sets can be used in the interim (ensuring local guidelines and practice are adhered to),
FDA announces REMS for m/r opioids
27th April 2011
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has published its Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) for all modified-release opioid drugs which focuses on reducing the misprescribing, misuse, and abuse of opioids. The REMS requires manufacturers to develop an educational program for prescribers and patients. For more information see the FDA Question and Answer document below.
- Cyclizine 50mg/mL injection resolved supply problem
- Sativex reclassified as schedule 4 part 1 Controlled Drug
- Japanese translation of PCF now available!
- Die März/April Ausgabe des APM Newsletter ist fertig
- Buprenorphine therapeutic review
- Cyclizine 50mg/mL injection supply problem in UK
- SIGN lung cancer guideline for consultation
- NICE evidence summary of oral desmopressin
- NICE changes its name
- Asilone discontinued in UK