Risks of hypomagnesaemia and increased risk of fracture with long-term PPI use
23rd April 2012
The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) have alerted healthcare professionals of the possible risks of hypomagnesaemia and also increased fracture risk with long-term Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) use (generally >1year) in their latest Drug Safety Update publication.
- Die September/Oktober Ausgabe des APM Newsletter ist fertig
- Neuropathic pain guidelines published
- MHRA guidance on switching between different manufacturer’s products of anti-epileptic drugs
- Fentanyl buccal film launched in UK
- Oral ketoconazole tablets discontinued in UK
- SMC accepts orodispersible ondansetron
- Strong Opioid Identification Booklet now available!
- Diamorphine nasal spray launched in UK
- FDA approves first hydrocodone m/r capsule
- Consultation on end of life care guidance