Risks of hypomagnesaemia and increased risk of fracture with long-term PPI use
23rd April 2012
The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) have alerted healthcare professionals of the possible risks of hypomagnesaemia and also increased fracture risk with long-term Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) use (generally >1year) in their latest Drug Safety Update publication.
- Topical miconazole interaction with warfarin
- RPS guidance for the prescribers of Specials
- IPC5 now available!
- e-learning Indian palliative care course
- Epistatus 10mg/mL oromucosal solution batch recall
- IPC5 available soon
- RCGP End of Life Care toolkit
- Cochrane review: Opioids for the palliation of refractory breathlessness in adults with advanced disease and terminal illness
- Methadone for pain in palliative care
- Administration of medicines in care homes