Risks of hypomagnesaemia and increased risk of fracture with long-term PPI use
23rd April 2012
The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) have alerted healthcare professionals of the possible risks of hypomagnesaemia and also increased fracture risk with long-term Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) use (generally >1year) in their latest Drug Safety Update publication.
- Haloperidol, cyclizine and levomepromazine UK supply updates
- NICE palliative care guidelines
- CME T34 Field Safety Notices
- Die 2. Auflage von Arzneimittel in der Palliativmedizin ist erschienen!
- Cochrane review: Cannabinoids for nausea and vomiting in adults with cancer receiving chemotherapy
- Opioids Aware: a good practice resource to support opioid prescribing
- Losec injection and infusion discontinued
- NHS England pain management formulary for prisons
- Care of the dying: NICE guidelines published
- Naloxegol approved by SMC