Risks of hypomagnesaemia and increased risk of fracture with long-term PPI use
23rd April 2012
The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) have alerted healthcare professionals of the possible risks of hypomagnesaemia and also increased fracture risk with long-term Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) use (generally >1year) in their latest Drug Safety Update publication.
- Calling all members - please complete our satisfaction survey!
- pH testing for nasogastric tube positioning is cost effective
- Hydromorphone injection now authorized in the UK
- PCF5+ 2016 PDF now available
- Hydrocortisone 100mg/mL injection batch recall
- Medicines optimisation consultation
- Medical device alert: insulin delivery devices
- IV carbamazepine authorized in the US
- PCF5+ 2016 pdf available soon!
- Palladone (hydromorphone) SPC updated