Risks of hypomagnesaemia and increased risk of fracture with long-term PPI use
23rd April 2012
The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) have alerted healthcare professionals of the possible risks of hypomagnesaemia and also increased fracture risk with long-term Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) use (generally >1year) in their latest Drug Safety Update publication.
- IV carbamazepine authorized in the US
- PCF5+ 2016 pdf available soon!
- Palladone (hydromorphone) SPC updated
- Authorized glycopyrronium oral solution now available in UK
- NICE Consultation: Care of dying adults in the last days of life
- NICE guidance on multimorbidity
- British guideline on management of asthma updated
- SMC accepts diamorphine nasal spray
- Updated Do Not Attempt Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation policy published in Scotland
- Cochrane review: oxycodone for neuropathic pain