Risks of hypomagnesaemia and increased risk of fracture with long-term PPI use
23rd April 2012
The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) have alerted healthcare professionals of the possible risks of hypomagnesaemia and also increased fracture risk with long-term Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) use (generally >1year) in their latest Drug Safety Update publication.
- Dexamethasone 4mg/mL injection supply problem
- NICE guideline on managing medicines in care homes
- New buprenorphine patch launched in UK
- Die Ausgabe 01/2014 des APM-Newsletter ist erschienen
- Tramadol to be a Schedule 3 CD and temazepam exemptions to be removed
- PCF4 print version now only £25!
- NICE evidence summary of oral ketamine for chronic pain
- First ever Global Atlas identifies unmet need for palliative care
- ACMD recommends reclassifying ketamine
- Phosphate enema new contra-indication