Risks of hypomagnesaemia and increased risk of fracture with long-term PPI use
23rd April 2012
The UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) have alerted healthcare professionals of the possible risks of hypomagnesaemia and also increased fracture risk with long-term Proton Pump Inhibitor (PPI) use (generally >1year) in their latest Drug Safety Update publication.
- Haloperidol injection 5mg/mL supply difficulties
- Lacri-Lube eye ointment recalled
- Update on the prescribing and dispensing of pregabalin for neuropathic pain
- Disipal brand of orphenadrine tablets discontinued
- Cochrane review: venlafaxine for neuropathic pain in adults
- PPIs and subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus
- Magnesium aspartate dihydrate approved by NHS Wales for hypomagnesaemia
- Capsaicin patch indications updated
- PCF5 - Highly commended by BMA
- PCF5+ 2015 pdf available soon!