CQC annual report: safer management of controlled drugs
27th July 2012
The UK Care Quality Commission (CQC) has published their 2011 annual report on the safer management of controlled drugs. This fifth report makes a number of recommendations for accountable officers. Other key recommendations include:
• accountable officers must ensure the safe and effective use of transdermal fentanyl patches through establishing a suitable system and educating staff involved in prescribing, dispensing, administering and disposing of them
• methylphenidate and dexamfetamine should be monitored carefully to ensure that they are prescribed appropriately in all sectors.
• the use of a standard Controlled Drug Requisition Form (FP10 CDF) should be encouraged more actively.
- Cyclizine 50mg/mL injection resolved supply problem
- Sativex reclassified as schedule 4 part 1 Controlled Drug
- Japanese translation of PCF now available!
- Die März/April Ausgabe des APM Newsletter ist fertig
- Buprenorphine therapeutic review
- Cyclizine 50mg/mL injection supply problem in UK
- SIGN lung cancer guideline for consultation
- NICE evidence summary of oral desmopressin
- NICE changes its name
- Asilone discontinued in UK