FDA approve REMS for m/r opioids
10th July 2012
US Food and Drug administration (FDA) has approved a Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS) program for all modified-release (m/r) opioids. Key components include prescriber training, updated patient information guides and counselling documents and manufacturer assessment/auditing requirements.
- MHRA infusion device warning with 50mL syringes
- Thalidomide: increased risk of haematological second primary malignancies
- Tolvaptan: risk of liver injury
- MHRA caution in use alert: lorazepam injection 4mg/mL
- Cochrane review: levomepromazine for nausea and vomiting in palliative care
- Cyclizine 50mg/mL injection resolved supply problem
- Sativex reclassified as schedule 4 part 1 Controlled Drug
- Japanese translation of PCF now available!
- Die März/April Ausgabe des APM Newsletter ist fertig
- Buprenorphine therapeutic review