Capsaicin patch license extension application withdrawn
21st March 2012
Astellas Pharma has withdrawn its application to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) for a license extension for Qutenza® (capsaicin 8% transdermal patch). The application was to extend the marketing authorization for Qutenza® to all adult patients with exclusion of patients with pain caused by diabetes.
The withdrawal was based on the Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use (CHMP)'s view that the data provided would not allow the committee to conclude on a positive benefit-risk balance.
Qutenza® continues to be authorized for the treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain (PNP) in non-diabetic adults either alone or in combination with other medicinal products for pain.
- Use of dexamethasone formulations in palliative care: a palliativedrugs.com response to recent changes
- New Scottish Palliative Care Guidelines
- Recivit (fentanyl) SL tablets batch recall
- Naloxone - Patient Safety Alert
- New medicines compliance aid database
- PCF5 now available
- Glycopyrronium injection shortage
- BNF and BNFc website has moved
- Updated drug tariff Specials list
- FDA reschedules hydrocodone combination products