PCF5 now available
20th November 2014
We are delighted to announce that the Palliative Care Formulary 5th edition, PCF5, is now available in print and PDF versions to purchase or download from our website store. Both contain the latest content of the on-line Palliative Care Formulary as of September 2014. As promised, we have frozen the cost of the enlarged print version at £50 (including p&p in the UK) and reduced the cost of the PDF to £25, representing excellent value in comparison to other reference texts available.
Since the publication of PCF4 in 2011, every drug monograph has been reviewed and updated. Two new chapters cover variability in response to drugs (replaces chapter on Cytochrome P450) and the drug treatment of pruritus. To aid comparison, several sets of drug monographs have been streamlined into single generic monographs, notably Bisphosphonates, Cannabinoids, Haemostatics, LMWH, Opioid antagonists, Psychostimulants.
Although written primarily with cancer patients in mind, PCF5 contains specific material relating to several other life-limiting diseases e.g. COPD, congestive heart failure, renal failure, and Parkinson's disease. PCF also includes a number of Quick Prescribing Guides and Quick Clinical Guides.
The on-line version of the Palliative Care Formulary is updated continuously and will thus provide access to the most up to date content. Details of on-line subscription including combination packages for purchasing the print version and/or PDF version are available from our store. Further details on bulk purchasing of any format can be obtained by contacting email@example.com.
Previous press releases
- PCF5 now available
- PCF4+ 2013 e-book now half price!
- PCF4 print edition now half price!
- News about palliativedrugs.com publications in 2014
- Strong Opioids and the Relief of Cancer Pain
- Strong Opioid Identification Booklet now available!
- PCF4+ 2013 PDF now available, special launch price of £24.99
- Free access to the on-line Palliative Care Formulary in Scotland
- Palliative Care Formulary (4e) now available
- Palliativedrugs.com announce the release of the Palliative Care Formulary Canadian edition.