IPC5 available soon
17th May 2016
Introducing Palliative Care (IPC) is a well-established introductory text for palliative care. This fifth edition (IPC5) has moved from a single authorship to a collaborative project between palliativedrugs.com editorial team and eight new contributors. Updates include:
- covering the Association for Palliative Medicine of Great Britain and Ireland recommended curriculum for medical undergraduates
- expanded sections on ethics, law, children, symptom management
- the Essential Palliative Care Formulary, and a synoptic table of drug doses for common symptoms.
We are pleased to announce that IPC5 is anticipated to be available mid June 2016 from www.palliativedrugs.com for £25 (including p&p in the UK) and has already received the following high praise:
‘We all need one book that we know, thumb often, trust and refer to. This palliative care book fills all these roles for staff at every grade. End of life care is everyone’s business; if used to the full, this book can and will improve patient care in all settings.’ Professor Ilora Baroness Finlay of Llandaff
‘This new collaborative edition is the best of the best. Its clear, concise, balance of theory and application is admirable and is replete with practical wisdom. This is required reading for anyone serious about caring for the dying well, for it is long enough to be useful and short enough to be digestible.’ Professor Rob George, President of the Association for Palliative Medicine
‘The holistic and multimodal approach of this book, which builds on the total pain model of Dame Cicely Saunders, is particularly to be commended.’ Professor Irene Higginson, Director of the Cicely Saunders Institute of Palliative Care, Policy & Rehabilitation, King’s College London
‘This book is not just a symptom control handbook, it covers all aspects of holistic care in an easy to read and navigable format. It will become an old friend - get to know it!’ Dr Fiona Rawlinson, Programme Director, Palliative Care Education, Cardiff University
Previous press releases
- IPC5 available soon
- PCF5+ 2015 pdf now available!
- PCF4+ 2013 PDF version now half price!
- PCF4 print edition now half price!
- News about palliativedrugs.com publications in 2014
- Strong Opioids and the Relief of Cancer Pain
- Strong Opioid Identification Booklet now available!
- PCF4+ 2013 PDF now available, special launch price of £24.99
- Free access to the on-line Palliative Care Formulary in Scotland
- Palliative Care Formulary (4e) now available