Palliative Care Formulary (4e) now available
7th September 2011
The long-awaited fourth edition of our flagship publication Palliative Care Formulary (PCF) has been totally revised and updated by an expert editorial team. Along with meticulous revisions to each chapter, the UK PCF4 includes brand new content covering the latest developments in palliative care, including:
- two completely new chapters; Drug Treatment in the Imminently Dying and Pre-emptive Prescribing in the Community
- 16 new drug monographs, including two sections on anti-epileptic medications and one on Transmucosal Fentanyl, a subject in which there is currently much confusion
- six new ‘mini-monographs’
- three more Quick Practice Guides.
In all, PCF4 is almost 200 pages longer than the previous edition, equating to 30% more information.
The PCF4 is exclusively available through our www.palliativebooks.com website.
Purchases of the book help to support the work of palliativedrugs.com.
PCF is a comprehensive compendium containing a wealth of essential therapeutic information about drugs used in palliative and hospice care. With cumulative global sales of over 100,000 and the third edition highly commended in the British Medical Association book competition, PCF is the established resource in its field and receives worldwide acclaim.
PCF is unparalleled in the range and depth of information it includes. It is an essential resource also for general practitioners, oncologists and other specialists who care for patients with advanced cancer or other progressive end-stage diseases.
PCF provides the most authoritative and thorough guide to off-label indications or routes for drugs used in palliative care, and deals comprehensively with giving multiple drugs by continuous subcutaneous infusion.
‘PCF [is] a core text for the specialty and has no serious rivals.’ Palliative Medicine
‘The information is up to date and prepared with extreme care. This handbook should be available to staff involved with inpatient consultation, inpatient units of care, and home visits.’ Journal of Pain and Symptom Management
‘First class. Highly recommended.’ International Association for Hospice and Palliative Care
Previous press releases
- Free access to the on-line Palliative Care Formulary in Scotland
- PDF version of PCF4+ now available!
- Palliative Care Formulary (4e) now available
- Palliativedrugs.com announce the release of the Palliative Care Formulary Canadian edition.
- Expert knowledge in palliative care on the world wide web: palliativedrugs.org